In Situ Machining Options
On Site Inspection
We are carrying out various types of on-site inspection checks for various Engine components as detailed below:
- Dimensional inspection of Crankshaft, Engine Block, Connecting Rod with Housings, Cylinder Heads and other related components
- Non-destructive tests of various Engine components - Crack Detection by Dye penetrate Testing. (1)
- Hardness checking of Crankshaft including all the Main Journals and Crank Pins and other related components. (2)
- Run Out checking with Dial gauges. (3)
The Grinding Process
With our effective range of in situ machining options, the engine can be up and running in the shortest possible time. Our proprietary in situ machining equipment is centered around recovering damaged crankshaft journals and grind them to the limit tolerances required by the engine producer. Our portable equipment effective range is 170 to 320 mm in diameter. All Crank-pin journals, covering this size range, can be fully repaired In-situ. Larger diameters are handled case by case.
The quality of a pin or journal after machining reached following requirements.
- Geometrical tolerances - in accordance with OEM standards and depending to the pin diameter
- - Ovality varies between 0.015 and 0.04 mm.
- - Cilyndricity varies between 0.005 and 0.015 mm
- Hairline cracks: Color marking test - Free of hairline cracks.
- Surface hardness: 250 - 300 HB
- Surface finish: Better than 0.2µm Ra